WordPress Testimonials (Pro)
BNE Testimonials PRO is a WordPress testimonial plugin that adds a new custom post type to your website that displays and store your testimonial data. You can also export the information from one install to another anytime. The testimonial plugin uses featured images to display your reviewer’s photo or perhaps a company logo, default visual editor to craft your reviews however you like, and 2 additional custom fields that provide a tagline, such as their company name, and a website URL. The slideshow version uses the amazing flexslider system from WooThemes.
Display your Testimonials in 3 different ways
List - The list view will display your testimonials in 1 column like an archive blog page.
Slider – Using the powerful Flexslider.js, you can display your testimonials either fading or sliding between each one. Control the display, navigation, pagination all from the available shortcode options.
Masonry Grid - New view added just for our PRO version. Display your testimonials in either 1, 2, 3 or 4 columns using a Masonry / Pinterest style format. Columns will automatically resize down based on the users screen size.
Have Users Submit Testimonials
BNE Testimonials PRO also comes packed with a front-end submission form that allows viewers to send in their own review for your approval. The form includes (name, message, photo, category, tagline and website fields. When the form is filled out, the site admin will be notified via email (or any email if set via the shortcode). In addition, a notifier will display on the backend on the admin menu showing that you have pending testimonials ready for your approval.
Live Website Examples
Check out the following websites that utilize our Testimonial Plugin!
BNE Testimonials Pro is developer friendly! There are 20 available filters that will allow you to transform the testimonial display how ever you like. Add your own classes, change the default text strings to different verbiage/labels, or simply re-arrange the testimonial by moving the featured image, message, tagline, and website URL’s in a different arrangement. All possible with our available filters. BNE Testimonials also comes with very few default css styles, allowing you to take full advantage of your theme’s default styles or to apply custom CSS.
- Light weight plugin
- Shortcode powered with many parameter/attribute settings.
- Display your testimonials with a shortcode on any page/post as a list or as a slider (flexslider.js).
- Display your testimonials in your sidebar with the provided list or slider widgets.
- Featured image support.
- Group your testimonials into categories using a custom taxonomy.
- Custom Field support for a tagline and website URL.
- Included documentation Help page.
- Lightly styled to fit any theme with room for customizations.
Extra – Only in the Pro Version!
- New 3rd view, Masonry Grid
- Front-end testimonial submission with admin email notification.
- Pagination for List and Masonry Grid views.
- Automatic Updates to new versions.
- Numerous filters available for developers.
- Standard License - Use on an unlimited number of websites and projects.
Where is the help documentation?
After uploading and activating BNE Testimonials, you will find a new admin menu called “Testimonials”, within that there will be a Help page.
How do I upgrade from the “Free” version to the “Pro”?
If you’re coming from using the free version then all you need to do is follow these steps:
- First, de-activate the free version. You can leave it installed on your site, but it needs to be de-activated before you activate the pro version. These are two separate plugins but both use the same function names. So if you try to activate both at the same time, you’ll receive a PHP error. Don’t worry, all of your existing testimonials will still be available.
- Upload the zip file using the default WP plugin installer on your website or manually upload the unzipped folder to your plugins directory on your server using an FTP application. Your email receipt should include a download link or you can re-download it from your account at anytime.
- Once installed, activate BNE Testimonials Pro. Check out the help page within the plugin for additional resources and review the online demo for developers to hack away at the plugin.
What are the Basic WordPress Requirements?
You must be running WordPress 3.7+
What size are the testimonial featured images?
By default, the crop size used is “thumbnail” which is defined on your site from Settings > Media. Usually this will be 150×150 but may be different depending on your website or theme. On the font side, the image will be reduced using CSS to 100×100 to better fit the testimonial format.